Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Aaaargh! to Yeah!

This is such a crazy day! I have been so busy doing children today that I think I forgot to eat lunch. All morning I have been saying AAARGH! Derrick is throwing fits like they are going out of style and KayDee will not keep her clothes on, including her diaper! Derrick has stopped throwing fits this afternoon, and I am hoping that it will continue that way, YEAH! KayDee on the other hand, what do I do? We got the underwear out thinking that maybe she will potty train but she isn't even 2! She has peed on my counter and on the carpet and in her bed already, and she is an expert at taking off her diaper even when I put it on backwards! She pooped in her bed and successfully smeared it across each blanket and herself. After I cleaned it up, I looked down and it was on my shirt! AAARGH! I got the underwear out and the other two kids want to help so they showed her how to go potty in the toilet. We got out our little toilet out of the camper and she loves it and finally, finally, the pee ended up in the little potty! YEAH!!!!!!! I don't know if I want to potty train but if she is taking off her diaper and going all over the house, do I have a choice?

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Hope it goes well! I despise potty training. I put it off for as long as possible.

Natalie said...

That's awesome she went in the potty...if she's not ready yet, you could always use duct tape! I'd like to see her wiggle out of her diaper in that! :)

Annie Sunshine said...

I potty trained Lindsay just before her 2nd birthday, for just the same reason. You can try duct tape but nothing seemed to keep that diaper on for us. It was a VERY LONG month, but about two weeks after her second birthday she was potty trained, and I think we've only had one accident since (that I can remember). So it can be done, but takes a lot of time and patience.