Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I finished the Marathon but didn't start it


This year my sister Diane ran the marathon with her friend. My sister in law Cheris ran it again and made good time. We saw her at the beginning but weren't fast enough for a photo and missed her at the end. We barely saw Diane and she ran over and stopped for a picture. Her legs cramped pretty bad for the end of the marathon and we were a little worried since the time was getting past what was average for her. Her friend ended up running ahead and we saw Diane alone come around the corner wishing for water (which we didn't have unfortunately). Her boys, my kids and I got up and ran with her the last few blocks to encourage her. I can say that I finished a marathon, but I didn't start it! I was glad we could be there for her. You never know how it is going to go when you run 26 miles and we are just grateful she was safe and able to finish. Way to go Cheris and Diane. Running a marathon is always a great accomplishment!

No comments: