Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ladies Backpacking Trip

My friend Sheri invited me to go on a Ladies overnight hike to the Low Lands in Zion. Four of us left on Monday morning and we hiked about 5 miles in and set up camp. Then we hiked out about 5 more miles to finish the trail. It was a nice break to be away and do something as an individual person, instead of as my constant mom and wife job description. Although everything didn't go exactly as planned at home and I had extra work when I got back, it will be taken care of better if I go again. It was a learning experience for Kevin and the kids. I really appreciate that Kevin, Rachel, Justin, and Jean were able to take care of my responsibilities while I was gone and give me that support. Fortunately I wasn't sore except for the ankle I twisted. I figured I'd be hurting from the pressure of the pack on my hips or at least my feet. It is great that I can stay in shape enough to do fun things that I like. The hike was interesting with petrified wood EVERYWHERE, and cactus, neat rocks, riverbeds (dry and wet), and the company was great!

No comments: