Thursday, July 17, 2008

4 Staples



We don't know how it happened exactly, but KayDee cut open the back of her head a few Sunday's ago. Kevin thought she had followed him out, like the other kids, to check chickens in the pasture. Then he heard crying, and so did I from in the house, and found her bleeding. After looking at it, it definitely needed something to hold it together so I took her in to her doctor's office night clinic, (I didn't have to pay emergency room fees!).

As we waited, nobody in the waiting room could figure out why she was there and the brave people that asked were surprised she was up and about playing. I followed her around like a puppy because I didn't want her to fall again!

The doctor soon saw her and decided she needed 3 staples and told me it is not that bad to have 3 staples put in without anesthetic so we did it without it. While they got ready, I told her the doctor needed to help her so her head could get better, and that it would hurt but she needed to hold still. A nurse came in to hold her head still and I held her legs down and amazingly she didn't fight us very hard at all. The doctor decided she needed 4 so I said put it in since we're here! She cried but she was sooo brave, and the nurse gave her a certificate to eat at Del Taco as reward.

She went a week with greasy hair from the ointment and Elisa took the staples out for us. Thanks Elisa!

I took these two pictures the day after the staples were put in.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Sorry, the comment that was deleted was really by me, but I was stuck in Chris's account. KayDee's head injury makes me cringe! Hooray that she was so brave!