Friday, June 6, 2008

The Simple Joy of Water




Playing in the irrigation is every child's dream, at least it was mine. Although, the irrigation I played in was right next to a busy street coming from a grate in the road. I must say ours is much better and safer. It comes out of a pipe, making waterfalls, flooding the orchard. The pasture is also irrigated. We always look forward to irrigation day.
Summer is so fun for me because our yard is so alive. We have the fruit on the trees and everything is so green. We even got to eat some cherries this year, since the birds didn't eat them so fast.
The dog loves the water and races through it like he is pouncing. It is fun but not if you don't want to get wet!

1 comment:

Annie Sunshine said...

That's your yard?!? It's gorgeous! I'm so jealous. Although I'm sure it's a lot of work too.