Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Spring Soccer

 I was able to coach Derrick's soccer team for the third season in a row. We had 11 returning players and tied for 1st place. This was Derrick's last year playing city league and he ended up scoring for the first time in a game. He normally plays midfield but I rotate my players through positions depending on how skilled the team is we are playing. He is an excellent midfielder, he runs and charges after the ball. He directs the ball up the field to pass to the forwards and supports the defense. I am amazed at how much he has grown in skill this season.
This was at our soccer team party. He is by the goal, blue socks. As coach, I do not have time to take pictures during the games because I am focused on my team. The scrimmage was pretty fun!

No comments: