Sunday, May 12, 2019

Backpacking: Zion West Rim

 I was able to join 10 other women from my ladies backpacking group to do the Zion West Rim Trail. We went 20 miles total. 11 the first day and 9 the next. The weather was forecast to be cold and rainy but we had overcast skies the first day and sun the next.
 We hurried and set up camp, expecting rain but were surprised that we only got a sprinkle during the night and we woke up to a blue sky!
 Beautiful views!
 While at one of the springs, four deer decided to come see what we were doing. They were not scared at all and this one tried to get the apple that is in my top pocket! I walked up the trail from the spring just in time to see!
 My friend from elementary school. It is so fun we enjoy backpacking together!
 This is all of us! On a rocky trail, cliff. My knee was hurting from all the downhill hiking. There was about 4 miles of downhill switch backs and we passed the trail to Angel's Landing, which was a 3 hour wait with the crowds. We were not interested and continued down the trail.
We finished our hike in Zion and had to ride the buses down. It was a tight squeeze for our packs and the crowds. We stopped at Hermies and enjoyed a late lunch! I'm glad I get to go on some adventures and try new things and go new places. I hope to have a couple more adventures this year!

No comments: