Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cub Scouts

 Derrick is officially in Cub scouts and earned his Bobcat at the first pack meeting.
 The best way to put the pin on is upside down.
 Good thing I wear my scout shirt so there would be an easy place for him to put the mother pin.
 Hugs!
Derrick also got to show off our reward system in cub scouts. My wolf pack made it. The boys earn beads when they wear their shirt, bring their book, and for being on time. Extra beads are given when their pack does stuff together. It really works too! I've been the wolf leader for over a year and the boys really need a reason to wear those shirts, bring books and be on time! They receive a reward for the day if they do one of those three that is randomly selected on that day. After they receive 50 beads then they get a grand prize.
I was inspired by going to Pow Wow and came up with this idea after hearing the system. It is made out of a piece of scrap wood I found in my yard and I sanded it. We painted it and then hammered in large nails for each boy. We used yarn and a paper clip to hang them up. The boys have to remove the paper clip and thread the bead over the loop to add them. There is a bead tied to the bottom of the piece of yarn to keep the beads on. I love it when simple things work!

No comments: