Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Basketball

 This was our first round of basketball and the kids absolutely loved it. After their first game I was really concerned about making sure they were aggressive enough, so I paid them a nickle for when they got the ball and a quarter for each basket they made. It did help but after a couple of games the kids were so concerned about the referee calling fouls, traveling or double dribble that we had to have some stern talks with them about how the game is played. They didn't dare dribble the ball! I told them they are supposed to make mistakes and if the ref makes a call on them its okay. If they get kicked out of the game for hitting or kicking or being mean then that's not okay. I had to double the nickle when they dribbled and to shoot the ball (without making the basket) and that helped significantly.
These were the pictures I took behind the photographer. Then I matted my own so I wouldn't have to pay $10 a picture. The kids were pretty upset when they played their last game and hadn't received a picture yet. I had to reassure them that I was making them and now I hurried and did it!

1 comment:

BreeAnna said...

The pictures turned out great! I'm glad they had so much fun. I remember being scared of a lot of the same things when I first played basketball. I'll have to remember your tips when my kids get there cause I kind of just stayed back and scared. ;-)