Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mini Bike

Kevin works on many projects and the mini bike has been one of the most popular (and cutest) with the kids. He brought it home one night but didn't have all the parts yet. The kids patiently waited until Dad was done with his 4 day fever and went back to work again so he could bring back the rest of the parts. After much tweaking it worked and even children can maneuver it. There was one point when I wasn't able to make it move without hurting my wrist...but Kevin fixed that quickly by swapping the throttle cable from the parts bike. I was RELIEVED. I hate driving old stuff that hurts!
After a few practice runs the kids put on their bike helmets and enjoyed the ride, with the governor super limited (basically at an idle) so the kids don't go too fast. (Kevin's correcting my spelling, I must be tired :)) Anyways we think it is a great addition to his many projects since we reap direct benefits from it. Now we need to get some real helmets and we'll be ready to go out of our yard.

No comments: