Friday, December 31, 2010

Town Christmas Program 2010

 Once again we went to the town Christmas Program on Dec 23rd. I was actually in charge of the nativity this year. I wrote it (I went to the lds website and got a program from the Friend and adapted it), 
and practiced all the songs during primary and gave CD's to those who don't go to church. It was a busy December for me!
The kids in town practice once and then put it on with memorized parts.  

Derrick was a shepherd and had a speaking part and Samantha was the angel Gabriel. They both did a great job.
Santa Claus always comes and I got to lead music for that too. The traditional "Here comes Santa Claus" is the song of choice but the thing is, I end up singing it by myself (except for the "here comes Santa Claus" words) since no one knows the words! I don't know the words either! 
Every year those involved always say that next year we are going to get words for everyone but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe I'll remember if I write it in my planner. It is quite humorous to sing Santa into the room with a fumble of words!
Clearly, the kids were super excited to see Santa. The Town Hall was packed this year but we were lucky to have Santa call the Laub kids fairly quick.  


Santa gave them great presents this year. 
Samantha: Easy Bake Oven
Derrick: Atlantis Legos
KayDee: Rapunzel

No comments: