Friday, December 31, 2010

10 Year Anniversary

 We celebrated by going to the temple we were married in (after a quick stop at my brother's chiropractic office to adjust Kevin's back). Then we went to dinner and came home to watch a movie.
It's really been ten years and our kids show it. I look less like a teenager and Kevin hasn't gained a pound. The country song "Then" describes love perfectly. "And I thought I loved you then" is what I think when I look back at previous years. That is exactly how Kevin and I are. We think we love each other as much as we can but in a few more years I'm sure it will continue to grow. I remembering telling my brother in law that "of course I love Kevin more now, we've been through a tremendous amount of bonding." He raised an eyebrow and accepted my answer. That was only a couple of years ago and here I am saying I love Kevin even more.
I am grateful for love and it is a gospel truth. We are supposed to love each other and that is how we become more like Christ. We learn what love is and how it works and why it is so important when we are committed to relationships. Kevin and I are doing that and it makes me love him more and it builds my testimony.

No comments: