Monday, May 4, 2009

BYU Graduate

I completely surprised my brother by driving up to his BYU graduation. I didn't tell anyone I was coming and I left my kids, thankfully, with Rachel and Sam was with a friend. It was so peaceful to drive all by myself, without having to tell children to wait or be quiet.
When I got there I was wondering if my plan was so brilliant because I couldn't find my family to sit by them. I just sat next to a girl who I chatted with during the long procession. I ran down to take pictures in the "picture area" and waited a long time while they announced the names out of order from the program.

Then Jake finally came, and I saw him hugging people a few feet away from me and so I hurried and said hi to him when he passed me with huge surprise and darted after my sister and dad. I then surprised them when I caught up to them, and continued the surprise when we sat by my mom. I planned to go home that night but they were going to dinner to celebrate and I joined them, Ben and Chari also joined us. I left early the next morning. I am glad I went and my plan was successful!

2 comments:

Spencer and Celeste said...

What a great sister! We are sorry we missed Jake's graduation.

Annie Sunshine said...

I love spur of the moment trips...especially without the children.

Glad you were able to make it.