Monday, October 20, 2008

Zion at Last

We finally made it back to Zion. It has been a long time since we went to the park. We were up in Springdale a couple years ago while Kevin tiled for my friend MaryJane, but never went into Zion.

The last pictures we have are of Samantha next to a weeping rock when she was about 15 months old. We took Pete to see Zion (He's from Kevin's mission in England and yes Kevin baptized him).

The first time Kevin and I went to Zion together was actually on Kevin's brothers wedding day. We went to kill time before the reception. Kevin and I were just dating but soon to be engaged.

We realized while were there that this was the first time that Derrick and KayDee have been to Zion. We are so grateful we went.

We saw and hiked the Court of the Patriarchs, Weeping Rock and the Riverside Walk at the Temple of Sinawava. The kids did great, although we learned to not let Samantha sip on the water backpack because it made her bladder have an excessive, continual flow. We practically ran down the 1.5 mile Riverside hike to get to the bathroom, just to have her dancing in the shuttle for 15 min to get to the next bathroom!

KayDee loved being in the backpack and that she could hold on to the bars in the shuttle. Derrick loved to wear my hat and the water backpack.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Hey, looks like you guys had a lot of fun in Zion! It's such an awesome place! I need your email address because I decided to make my blog private (qeedwards@hotmail.com). Email me, ok?

Jamie said...

I love that hike in Zion. We did it this summer with the kids too because it's nice and short. Looks like you had fun!

Fenus family said...

How fun I am so jealous...I would love to take the girls there.