Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Really Cool Camper!


We have a really cool neighbor. She is crazy but she is really AMAZING! The story goes: Ann's spouse passed away and she was going to take their camper to funeral services in CA and Kevin was helping her get the camper ready. He walked in and found her crying and asked what was wrong and comforted her. She said she couldn't keep the camper since there were too many memories, and she asked if he would help sell it for her or make payments to buy it. He said he would help her out. She came to our house shortly after and told me to come over with the kids. When we got there we went in the camper to talk and she proceeded to tell me where I could cook, put my kids to bed and other miscellaneous things. I said what are you talking about, and she said it was ours. She came to our house the next day demanding a dollar and gave me the title. I told her she was crazy and she agreed, so I gave her 4 quarters so she felt like she got more money for it (and that's all the cash I had). We have never seen a person more generous and we feel so special to be part of her life. Oh, we do have to pay for it, I have to make 2 bean tacos for her every week until she dies or she moves from our town. She likes my homemade refried beans, don't ask me why-I just follow the directions on the package. Monday night is taco night now.

THANK YOU ANN!!!
The camp trailor is a 2006 with a pop-out and an outside shower we plan to spray our kids down with. Couldn't get much better!

No comments: