Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Animal Shelters





I sure learned a lot about why I get a puppy from a box at the grocery store for free. We have a neighbor that was helping us find a dog. Justin and Rachel wanted a dog too so she was on a quest to find two puppies. She looked at the dogs at the shelters online and so we visited the ones she picked out. We found these two puppies that were so adorable and paid $100 for both of them. We thought we were doing a good deed and helping these animals out. Justin and Rachel's dog (Audrey, black) ended up dying of Parvo 5 days later and our dog (Smokey, brown) had bloody stools and ringworm and who knows what else. If you don't know, ringworm is very contageous for animals and people. We were mad since we had already gotten attached to these animals. I took my dog back and asked if they would consider a refund, since they don't do refunds. They will trade animals but why would I want another diseased animal. I told the lady our one income couldn't provide treatment for a puppy and I couldn't let my kids be around sickly animals. She did give me $25 back for our dog. I must say I am forever scarred. I'll give those healthy puppies in those cardboard boxes a chance for a great family.

No comments: