Friday, September 30, 2011

Picture Day

Derrick 2nd Grade

KayDee Kindergarten

Samantha 4th Grade
The night before we prepared so we wouldn't have so much to do. I put foam curlers in KayDee's hair so it would hold curl. I doused Samantha's hair with gel so we could get successful curls in the morning. I gave Derrick a hair cut so we wouldn't have to work too hard to make his hair look great. We picked out clothes for them to wear and set them out. Morning came and the kids got ready with lots of ease and my bathroom was more full than normal, including the counter. We managed to get Derrick's hair to spike with gel, hair spray and blow drying. Samantha's hair curled perfectly and we found a clip to match. KayDee's curls were more tight than expected but a cute hair band makes her look adorable. I was hoping those curls would relax a little for the school picture but they never did. We had 10 minutes before the bus came and so we went to the yard to take pictures so I don't have to buy them from the school.
I arrived at the school to help teachers and the photographers needed help so I helped in the afternoon and received a free package for KayDee. That makes me happy since I like the kids to have at least one picture taken from the school. I think it is exceptional when things work out that way.

3 comments:

BreeAnna said...

What beautiful kids you have!!! ;-) Love you guys!

Sara said...

Thanks!

Elisa said...

So cute! My, how time flies! Can't believe Sam's in 4th grade! Looks like you guys are doing so good.