Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ears Pierced X2

For Samantha's birthday she decided to get her ears pierced and I debated whether or not I was going to. I decided it would be good for me and if I really didn't like it, I could just take them out! We set the date, Feb11, and just did it!

 I made Samantha go first. I made sure to take care of the fact that this was a big deal for her and that she wouldn't chicken out! She did so great and the ladies did her ears at the same time. She was super tough and didn't even say ouch. She was so pleased since her cute little earrings came with a necklace. The stones are all butterfly shapes and light blue.
 Then it was my turn. I patiently waited for them to mark the ears. They had to be redone a couple times since KayDee bumped me, and the dots ended up in the wrong places to line up with the other ear. They finally got the dots settled.
 Then it was time. The first one hurt and the second felt like how they described it would feel. Samantha was tough, me not so much! I said ouch and then I said it again! I was really nervous and grateful Samantha was there so I wouldn't chicken out!
We had fun getting it done together and she is handling it great. I told her she could only get it done if she was big enough to take care of them. I showed her how to clean them and she does it by herself. She is miss independent and I love it! I love doing special things with my kids!

5 comments:

Spencer and Celeste said...

When I was 8 my mom and I got our ears pierced together. It is such a fun memory I have, and I'm sure Samantha will look back on this special moment for years to come!

Sara said...

I love that Celeste! I hope your right because it is special to me!

BreeAnna said...

I think you guys look great! I love it. I didn't get my ears peirced with my mom but I did get them pierced with my sisters. 3 of us did it all together and it is a really fun memory for me.
Also, I'd watch whatever ear it was for you that was more painful. I had one that was that way too and it's turned out to be my more senstive ear. I'm more likely to get infections in it if I don't keep it clean after I wear cheaper earings in it. Maybe it won't be that way for you. Just thought I'd mention it in case you do have one that is more sensitive than the other. :)

Sara said...

Thanks Bree. I was wondering if I needed to baby it forever! I love hearing other ear piercing stories that are special and fun. I hope KayDee gets one too.

BreeAnna said...

I'd just pay attention to it is all. If I wear a cheaper pair I usually just put some neosporen (how do you spell that!?) on the post and I'm fine. I hope Kaydee gets a good story too. :)