Friday, June 25, 2010

East Canyon Trip


We decided to go on a long trip to visit my family and go to East Canyon Resort with them. It rained pretty much the whole time and being a dixie person, I did not pack well for the weather. Even though it was June, it was much cooler, and shorts and jackets didn't cut it but we survived the 40-50 degree weather pretty well considering.We were able to spend time with my sister-in-law Cheris and her 3 boys while we were there. They played mini golf, board games and we frosted cupcakes for KayDee's birthday.We stayed at my parents house the next week and were able to visit with my sister Diane with her boys and my sister-in-law Celeste for an afternoon. I was also able to get some stuff done with Kevin's Aunt Linda to keep my health up. We enjoyed playing in the hot tub and did figure out how to unlock temperature-Thank goodness!!!The fire station had a statue dedicated to Phil Whitney and we went to see it and the new fire station. It was really neat to see.We were also able to see our friends the Portillo's and they had a surprise for us. They had a four month old daughter. She is 12 years younger than their youngest child Heidi. Her name is Lindsay and she is adored by all 3 of her teenage siblings. What a fun surprise for them and for us!My mom is in charge of the Activity Day girls in her ward and Samantha was able to go with them to a Cub Scout Day Camp they do for boys and girls up Hobble Creek Canyon. She had a fantastic time and it really worked out well for her to have this opportunity. Samantha did rockets, BB guns, archery, boats, and dumped water through pipes. She was thrilled to go!
On Friday I was able to go to the Timpanogos Temple with my family. My parents, Christine, JR, and Diane came. We had a nice time.We came home Saturday evening and were welcomed by a very happy husband and dad. Kevin was thrilled to have us home. He had accomplished a lot while we were gone, including getting the apartment ready for renters again.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Looks like fun@