Saturday, September 13, 2008

Racecar or racecaR

Derrick is our super boy! He loves all the tools, fixing things, and especially driving around and finding places he can go with plastic wheels. Luckily he loves to share his adventures with his sisters too. KayDee is his favorite to drive with since she doesn't care if he drives.
Our kid four wheeler has broken inside the gears so Kevin told me to find the parts or another vehicle since we have a really nice battery. DI has always been one of my favorite places to find things and so I found this race car/dune bug (or whatever) for $6 hoping that it either worked or had the right parts to fix the four wheeler (the battery was missing so I couldn't test it). Kevin hooked it up that night and it worked perfectly. Then I looked at the tires and they are hardly used. I think someone bought it and parked it outside so the colors are faded, but rarely used it.
Samantha has fun driving it but I think it intimidates her a little. Kevin helped direct her on how to back-up to get around things and she responded with the recognition of "oh" but not the kind that says she will remember for next time. I'm sure practice makes perfect and Samantha will be curious enough to get that practice in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wish we had a DI like that. next time we come down, we'll make a special trip.